[dba-Tech] "Take a sad song and make it better..." - Web browsers' testing automation with Selenium WebDrivers from LucidChart.com :)

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Oct 25 06:50:55 CDT 2015

Hi Shamil

I mean that if (performed) music followed exact rules, it would be boring. You may recall many years ago, that some fed a Moog synthesizer with the exact nodes of a piece of Beethoven. The output was, of course, correct but judged "dead" to listen to because of the missing variations a skilled performer always will add.

The microphone seems very well suited for the purpose, but I don't know it, so I can't say for sure.

The AKG microphone used was the C 451 - still available with a product lifecycle of 40+ years - at about €360:

    http://www.akg.com/pro/p/c451b
    http://www.coutant.org/akgc460b/akgcms.pdf

This is a studio condenser microphone, and these are analogue with a balanced output and powered by 48V phantom power - a universal standard across all studio equipment introduced by Schoeps in 1964, adopted by Neumann in 1966, and then accepted by all other manufacturers:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_power

/gustav