[dba-Tech] A Windows 10 PC the size of a phablet for $99

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Oct 27 20:46:52 CDT 2015

Hi John:

A high-definition movie, ripped from an original DVD, can be as large as 20 GBs (I have the DVD movie of Cloud Atlas). I just started to test moving that 19 GB file from a server to my laptop via wireless and it said it would take 3 hours and 25 minutes... I never completed the test of course but...

All my movies have been ripped from their original media and stored on a server and through the network they have been attached to our smartTV via a network cable.

I am sure small files will work just fine on that system but for the high-definition experience, I don't think so.