[dba-Tech] wireless routers

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 09:40:23 CDT 2016

I use a Comcast provided Wireless Gateway TG1682G from Arris. It works
fine for us. It's both modem and router. I have two 8 port switches
connected the wired ports. I can get a good WIFI signal in all parts
of our home and property. Speed is good for us.  We have the Xfinity
TV system on 3 TV's now. That has a central DVR unit and the other two
units connect to that unit somehow, not sure if it's wired or wireless
between those devices..  We have 2 other TV's with digital converter
boxes. Connected via wire we have 3 desktop computers, a HP Photosmart
printer, the Surround Sound receiver, and the Blue Ray player.
Connected via WIFI we have 2 laptops, 2 tablets, 2 I-Phones, 1 seldom
used desktop (lap timer on the slot car track) and the Honeywell
thermostat. I've never noticed anything slow down due to lack of
bandwidth. But we don't stream movies either.  No Netflicks.  I do
have Amazon Prime now so I suppose I could try that and see if I can
max it out.  I've never tried it.