[dba-Tech] Bash shell

John R Bartow jbartow at winhaven.net
Thu Aug 11 18:19:43 CDT 2016

The problem lies in the way MS implemented Linux. I think many of originally
thought it was just a VM inside Windows or maybe a subset of Linux commands
built in to Windows. It's basically cohabitating the same space and has full
access to the hardware and windows file structure. And the Linux does not
respect the security models that Windows does so a hacker could get into
Linux and enable a blacklisted app to run in Windows! It's pretty bad.

I think they're headed the way you imagine. Windows will be a GUI Shell for
Linux core. And after that the Mac diehards will accuse MS of copying them
;-)