[dba-Tech] Webserver upgrade

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 15 18:05:07 CDT 2016

Maybe, you were named Arthur after the same source and for the same reason. I have always believed that names hold a power, to demonstrate lineage or foretell characteristics. My daughters' were the ones who named the cat...it turned out to be the biggest cat we ever owned; 25 lbs and no fat.

"...The meaning of this name is unknown. It could be derived from the Celtic elements artos "bear" combined with viros "man" or rigos "king". Alternatively it could be related to an obscure Roman family name Artorius. Arthur is the name of the central character in Arthurian legend, a 6th-century king of the Britons who resisted Saxon invaders."

When he died his name naturally graced our webserver (also named by our daughters) in the hope that the computer would have his characteristics ...strong, reliable, intelligent and easy natured....it has proved to be all that so the name goes forward to the new generation. :-)