[dba-Tech] dual monitor

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 18:22:44 CDT 2016

Bryan thanks! I'll give it a whirl and see what happens!

They're putting in dual monitors at work but a lot of the laptops are old
and it's proving to be a bit of a challenge for some of them.

Susan H.

Starting with the basics, just plug the monitor into the laptop. That should
just work.

If the laptop and monitor are new enough, there should be an HDMI port that
you can use, otherwise just use a VGA cable.

If the laptop image is the same on the laptop and the monitor, then you will
need to find the keyboard combo that switches between display setting.
Usually Fn+F1 or Fn+F8. (My Dell latitude is Fn+F8) Keep pressing that until
you have Extend selected. That will extend the display onto the new monitor.

Once that is going, to use Netflix on the monitor, just drag your browser
window or tab to that screen and maximize it. Voila Netfilx on the monitor.

Does that make sense?

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved
body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "What a
great ride!"