[dba-Tech] Linux download managers

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 25 02:26:38 CDT 2016

When it comes to Debian and all its many distros, I am a traditionalist... apt-get :-)

It wouldn't be long before we are using containers and snap packages...fully self-contained modules that will run on any OS and in any version. It will take all the challenge out of deploying applications....no more searching for dependences, custom libraries, correct sets, configuration files with make and compile operations. ;-)