[dba-Tech] Linux download managers

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Aug 26 13:10:08 CDT 2016

Arthur:

To be honest I am not up to speed in assembling containers...yet. I tentatively, have a two day online course arranged for mid-September. OTOH, there seems to be just about a container for everything that anyone can just download.

If, in your research you discover some excellent containers let me know as I would definitely love to take one apart and see how it was and what was assembled. I know Microsoft is going to great length to be able to leverage their own products within Linux containers.

As I understand it you can actually link or federate containers with means that an application can exist in on container and have the data in another. These linked containers can reside on different servers and can be securely connected via an SSL pipe using OpenVPN (another containers).