[dba-Tech] Adobe Animate

John R Bartow jbartow at winhaven.net
Mon Feb 8 22:34:55 CST 2016

It feels good when predictions come true. Two items in their PR announcement
stand put: " formerly Adobe Flash Professional" and " And best of all, you
can publish your animations to HTML5 Canvas"

"The premier animation tool for the web and beyond is updated and available
as part of Adobe Creative Cloud. Adobe Animate CC, formerly Adobe Flash
Professional CC, introduces major improvements and innovations to help you
create interactive animations faster than ever before:

• New drawing and authoring tools like vector art brushes and a 360°
rotatable canvas give you more ways to express your creativity.
• Adobe CreativeSync integration brings you the power of Creative Cloud
Libraries, Adobe Stock and Typekit directly within Animate.
• Flexible output formats let you export videos with 4K+ resolution for
UltraHD displays, or optimize and repurpose existing content.

And best of all, you can publish your animations to HTML5 Canvas, WebGL,
Flash, Adobe AIR and even custom platforms to reach the widest audience
possible."

The end of an era is near. An era I never entered (even though I've had
Flash Pro as part of one Adobe Suite or another for years) because I thought
it would be over a long time ago but hey, 1 out of two predictions isn't bad
;-)