[dba-Tech] Another OS but different

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Feb 12 12:49:16 CST 2016

As Smartphones continue to increase in hardware and performance; 64bit ARM multi-cored 4-6 and  64GB of RAM, it has become apparent that our phones are no longer pocket calculators but computers that may very well match or surpass the capabilities of any other computer we have.

To that end here is a great new OS for our smartphones called Maru: http://maruos.com

Right now it is only tested for the latest Nexus smartphone and the Operating System is only in Beta but this is the start. See link to the designers/developers blog: http://bit.ly/1Xo7fhD

Aside: One feature I particularly like is that once the OS is installed on the phone all the crapware is gone. I have not personally seen this OS being used but have heard it is very fast.