[dba-Tech] Linux Question

Martin Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Fri Jun 10 02:40:28 CDT 2016

Well it had to come at some point.

We are having an issue with Exchange - well our email team is. They are using Linux to push messages out to 365 mail. Error is

"R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp defer (-53): retry time not reached for any host",

They use exim for this. Why I have no idea and not much of an idea re what it is.

Anyone any clues. We eventually get messages out but there is a long delay sometimes hours and its beginning to really annoy people. It's not my area just need to know enough to ensure I am not getting BS from them or MS Support re what the issue is.

Martin

Martin W Reid
Business Services Team Leader
Queen's University Belfast