[dba-Tech] W10 Upgrade Fails

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Sun Jun 26 11:15:32 CDT 2016

Dear List(s):

After months of nagging I finally decided to upgrade to W10.  I've done the
download.  Windows Update says Your upgrade to Windows 10 is ready. You will
need to restart your PC.etc.

I do a restart, log in but the update doesn't start.  I think it may be
because at the end of the restart I get a message that "Windows Explorer has
stopped working". If searches for a fix, Windows Explorer restarts.  But no
upgrade takes place.  I'm guessing that when Windows Explorer stops working
that hoses the upgrade process.  But that's just a guess.

Any ideas?

MTIA

Rocky