[dba-Tech] re-acquiring network connectivity

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Mar 21 10:36:27 CDT 2016

Hi Mike

If it stops with a "Disk or Network error" your application is hosed.

There is no workaround for this, so you will have to ask the "notwork guy" to fix the LAN (or rather the switches) for example by configuring Quality-of-Service so at least some bandwidth will be left to service your sweep PC.

If the floor PCs are connected via WiFi, you are in trouble as it is almost impossible to guarantee no glitches. However, with the most modern Access Points from one of the top vendors you can come close.

/gustav