[dba-Tech] clean up

Peter Brawley peter.brawley at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 24 21:53:50 CDT 2016

On 3/24/2016 19:33, Susan Harkins wrote:
> I have a Dell book that almost can't load web pages anymore - it's just
> terminally slow. I guess it needs a tune up or something. L It's running
> Vipre and I use Malwarebytes on it occasionally. I don't know what version
> of IE it's using and that might be the problem. It's Windows 7 and it might
> be set to not update automatically and the dh uses it, not me, so he never
> updates anything. I'm going to run through all the updates and go from
> there. Beyond that, any suggestions?

A lot of Win7 laptops were delivered with 4G of RAM. Win7 can quickly
get to swapping with that little RAM. Microsoft ReadyBoost may help if
the machine won't accept more RAM, or you may need a new laptop.

IE before 11 is a pig, can't imagine a reason to use it. Chrome & FF are
way better.

What's a "dh"?

PB

-----