[dba-Tech] clean up

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Mar 25 03:41:39 CDT 2016

Hi Susan

Bite the bullet an upgrade to Windows 10. I have yet to see a machine – even 10 years old – that didn’t run faster and better with Windows 10. The only ”bump” you should pass is a minimum ram of 2 GB for 32-bit and 4 GB for 64-bit Windows. And – for very old machines with graphic chips not supported any longer by Windows – make sure a graphics driver for at least Windows Vista exists.

Of course, as already mentioned, can you manage to replace the main drive with an SSD, do that. It is like having a new machine.

In fact, the combo of SSD and the fast start of Windows 10 makes a computer act like you always have meant it to operate: Go to it, turn it on, and in a few seconds you are ready to work. Gone are the days where you could sit and wait two, three, five minutes for the machine to boot.

/gustav