[dba-Tech] Custom Ring Tones

Peter Brawley peter.brawley at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 29 09:22:32 CDT 2016

On 3/29/2016 5:16, Arthur Fuller wrote:
> Sounds good, Rocky. But, ignorant as I am, I'm guessing that I install
> Audacity on my notebook and then locate the MP3 I want to snip, then cut,
> and finally paste -- into what? Another MP3? And then how do I get that MP3
> onto my phone?

Download install & run Audacity. Use it to open the desired music file.
You'll see two visual tracks. Spread the app window to near screen
width, then press Ctrl-1 repeatedly till the whole music file fits in
the window. Play segments of interest. Select the portions you wish to
delete and delete them then File/Export the result, or simply select the
desired bit then File/Export Selection, to the desired .mp3 file. If
Audacity complains it it missing a "lame*.dll", let it dowload & install
it for you.

PB

-----