[dba-Tech] pronounciation

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Oct 11 18:07:13 CDT 2016

It's always S-Q-L for me.

SEQUEL was initially a lnaguage developed by Chamberlain and Boyce.
Then IBM developed a query language for System R.

Subsequently SQL was developed as a standard.  When you pronounce it "sequel", which
one are you talking about?  :)

Besides which,  it avoids having to say:
MySequel, Postresequel, sequelite etc.

Of course, many will disagree with me, and I don't care if they pronounce it differently to me.

I'm sure that I pronounce tomato differently to most people here :)

--
Stuart