[dba-Tech] R.I.P. Guinevere

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Fri Oct 28 11:51:31 CDT 2016

You sure?

" fictional island mentioned within an allegory on the hubris of nations in
Plato's works Timaeus and Critias"

" Atlantis eventually falls out of favor with the gods"

In Critias: "But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods;
and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body
sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared
in the depths of the sea. For which reason the sea in those parts is
impassable and impenetrable, because there is a shoal of mud in the way; and
this was caused by the subsidence of the island."

Not auspicious.

How about Athena: "the goddess of wisdom, courage, inspiration,
civilization, law and justice, mathematics, strength, war strategy, the
arts, crafts, and skill in ancient Greek religion and mythology. Minerva is
the Roman goddess identified with Athena.[2] Athena is known for her calm
temperament, as she moves slowly to anger."

Real jack of all trades, that one. :)