[dba-Tech] Apple removes the headphone jack from its iPhone

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Wed Sep 14 14:14:53 CDT 2016

This could backfire.

Android has 80% of the market.  If I want to make a product it will be
compatible with Android first.  Then if there's a reasonable profit margin
I'll develop an iOS version. But if Apple raises the cost so my margin falls
below a certain amount, I won't do it.

If enough like me don't do it and the number of Android apps HW & SW
products swings more in favor of Android, some number of new phone buyers
will switch to Android and the problem will be self-reinforcing - a downward
trend for iOS.

I guess that's one reason why executives are so highly paid.  They have to
make big decisions and take big risks.  And reap the rewards or
consequences.