[dba-Tech] Building Containers

John Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 19:59:18 CDT 2017

LOL, I clearly remember (1979) when upgrading my Z-80 computer from 16
KB to 24 KB was a huge deal.  And actually allowed me to run my 12 KB
ZAPPLE Basic plus a small program.  Loaded off my cassette drive from my
stereo.  It took 3 minutes to load Zapple basic and it crashed ALL THE
TIME.  Ahhh the good old days.

On the other hand, long before that, the programs I entered into the
Univac Digital Trainer by hand (US Navy, 1973), punching buttons on the
front panel to load machine instructions into Core memory, and then
saving my program to paper tape.

This thing more or less.

https://www.smecc.org/univac_422.htm

Those were the good old days...  :)

OK maybe not!  I kinda like my modern tablet.