[dba-Tech] Extranet VPN for testing customers' web sites/web API solutions

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Thu Aug 3 08:46:54 CDT 2017

Hi Gustav et al --

I have setup TeamViewer (v12.0.81460) on cloud MS Windows Server 2012 VM to allow unattended access (maybe basic access would have been enough I haven't checked).
I have also setup TeamViewer (v12.0.81460) on my destop Win10 system.
Then I have run TeamViewer and setup VPN using it to my MS Windows Server 2012.
I have opened port 80 on cloud VM - and I have got access to the server web app running on this port - default IIS web app.
Then I have setup my custom web service on port 4321, opened this port for TCP on server and I have got access to the custom web service via VPN and port 4321.

So VPN works well - not sure how TeamViewer sets up VPN access internal - does it use netsh or not.

I the coming days I will also try to use SoftEther VPN Open Source (  https://www.softether.org/  ) to setup VPN instead on TeamViewer.

-- Shamil