[dba-Tech] DVD Player on Windows 10

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Jan 10 02:13:14 CST 2017

Hi all

I was surprised, that Windows 10 Enterprise wouldn't play a DVD movie out of the box and that you have to pay for this basic feature.
Anyway, the need was urgent and the amount was small, so I purchased and installed the DVD Player from the shop.
Fast and easy, and it popped forward ready to play the DVD on my workstation.

But the audio track is out of sync with about a second which simply isn't acceptable for feature movies.
Also, it seems to only play back physical DVDs, not a USB drive with the files from the movie. Thus, it is useless on our Surface and Yoga tablets.

So I had to obtain the VLC player and it worked. But clearly, it isn't optimized for the touch interface of Windows 10.

What to do? Is there a way to get the audio in sync with DVD Player, or have you found another player suitable for tablet usage?

/gustav