[dba-Tech] Wanna Cry/WannaCrypt

Peter Brawley peter.brawley at earthlink.net
Fri May 26 11:06:06 CDT 2017

On 5/26/2017 9:38, John R Bartow wrote:
> SMB1 has many vulnerabilities. It's basically what all the hub-bub is about
> lately, Wannacry, etc. Which pre-2008 windows are you running?

I have two win7 servers on which internet activity is rare. They're
staying at win7 because it's such a monumental pain to configure win10
boxes to share files across lan machines without passwords---until the
last Windows software dependency has been replaced by Linux-compatible
software. Will closing SMB1 break such file sharing in this interim?

PB