[dba-Tech] Deleting your Facebook account

John Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 07:51:14 CDT 2018

Amen Rocky!  I join you in viewing the world as simply what it is, good
and bad.  I will say that I chose not to have children of my own genes
because of problems in my genes.  But there are lots of children in the
system that need a home, which is the route I decided to follow once I
got over living only for myself.  It is scary as a parent, seeing the
world with open eyes.  But the world has always had a bleak side, always.

The truth in the end is that each person is born into the situation they
are born into, with the attributes - Family, Society, genes, economic
level etc - that they are born into. None of us get to choose any of
that.  We have to work with what we get, and decide to be happy or not.
That is a decision.  I try to teach my children, and in fact the people
around me, of that simple truth.  And try to be a force for good - for
everyone, not just myself or my family.  That is also a choice I make.