[dba-Tech] Simple online entry form solution

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 7 15:03:47 CST 2018

There is a lot more complex forms in Google (all for free) if you want to go that route. My daughter took about a day and a half to build an entire website to her preferences. It was all done via drag and drop. Here is a link to a blog input form that stores all the detail on to a Google spreadsheet back-end. Working Example:

https://sites.google.com/view/kflamenco/contact

I don't think she had to write a single piece of code. The following is the link to the form sample options page. Again it is all drag and drop. You just select the feature you want, drag to the working windows, drop the object where you want it...in this case a form, position it, size it, add and subtract the entry fields, modify and caption the field, position the save button and done. The content of the fields are all saved into a spreadsheet, that you, as the site owner, can retrieve. Note the Google spreadsheet is complete compatible with Microsoft Excel:

https://www.google.com/forms/about/?utm_source=product&utm_medium=forms_logo&utm_campaign=forms
http://bit.ly/2BgKSIP

...And the following is the form builder page:

https://docs.google.com/forms/u/0/

To make a test page after the form has been constructed to your liking, just right mouse check on the working form, select the option, view page source, select the entire page , open a text document on your desktop, move to text doc and deposit the contents in the text doc and save. Either immediately name the text document or rename it to something like "MyFormTest.html". After that you can just double click in the file and it should automatically display in you default browser. Easy peasy. You can go back to the builder page as often as you want and trick up a form to your exact specification. ...Have fun. :-)

This should all be super simple for you, after all you wrote two books on how to build websites using Adobe Dreamweaver...I have both of them. :-)