[dba-Tech] Dell Latitude E7240 Ultrabook question

Dan Waters df.waters at outlook.com
Sat Feb 24 11:11:04 CST 2018

Hi Arthur,

This new laptop sounds great!  Seems like it should have some kind of warranty period from the seller - or I thing you can buy a warranty from perhaps SquareTrade?

I think that you can do a Google search for 'Latitude E7240 Specifications' to get all the data you'll need to make sure this is right for you.

You can connect your 1TB hard drive to your laptop as an external drive.  First, you'll need an enclosure that you put the 1TB drive into.  That enclosure will connect to the laptop using a USB cable.  I've had two of these and they are great for the occasional use.

On Amazon I searched on '2.5 hard drive enclosure' and found many of these that are under $10.  All the ones I've had branded NexStar Vantec and they've all worked without failure (at least that I did not cause!).

Good Luck!
Dan