[dba-Tech] Hardware harvesting

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 08:10:55 CDT 2018

About a month ago, my beloved Dell laptop died. I'm not positive, but a
freak electrical storm and neighbourhood-wide power outage may have been
the cause. At any rate, the motherboard got fried, and maybe also the CPU.

There is a 1TB hard disk still inside it. Is there any way I can remove it
and attach it to my new ProBook, at least long enough to grab what data is
there? I have a backup but it may be a few days or even a month older than
what's on the disk.

Is there a permanent way to attach that drive to the new machine? (Such as
get a shell case and maybe a USB connection or whatever... just guessing.)

--
Arthur