[dba-Tech] Deleting your Facebook account

Peter Brawley peter.brawley at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 28 15:44:32 CDT 2018

On 3/28/2018 13:08, Jim Lawrence wrote:
> You are right but according to CA's CEO, all it takes is "likes" or "dislikes" on ten items to create a strong personal profile. With thirty tags, he said we have a in-depth profile with more insight than the person themselves knows. So it does not even matter that you have never contributed to a FB conversation...just the most rudimentary tagging is all that is necessary.

Sure, if we use a search engine or issue (dis)likes, we're profiled.
There's just one way to avoid that---completely anonymise your internet
presence.

FB is a different Orwellian level--addictive & exploitive by design with
other corrosive consequences, so there are reasons beyond desire for
privacy to minimise use of it.

PB