[dba-Tech] Display Problem

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Wed May 2 11:33:23 CDT 2018

Well the problem seems to be 1/2 solved - or actually 1/2 worked around.

I uncovered a thread on some site regarding this problem and their solution was to turn off Fast Start.  Which I did.

So now when the comp goes to sleep on its own per the power scheme, it wakes up just fine.

If I put it to sleep myself, the problem persists.

I guess I'll have to live with it until I get more time to explore the intertubes.

Thanks all for the input.

P.S. There is one more annoyance - when the comp wakes up from Sleep, and I do Send/Receive I Outlook (2010) the first time it takes a long time to so the Send/Receive, but it gets there - 30-60 seconds.  The second and subsequent times until the next Sleep it's fast.  Any ideas there?  I've take to closing and reopening Outlook to work around this problem.

P.P.S. These are currently my worst problems. Real first-world, eh?