[dba-Tech] Everything Question

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 17:28:38 CDT 2018

A long while back, I installed Everything, then after a while, removed it
since I never used it. Times change, and so does hardware. Currently I have
a 250GB SSD in my Ultrabook, plus several USB 3.0 external storage devices.
I love the speed of the SSD, but I save lots of documents there, all under
the My Documents folder. Said folder is mirrored on my 1TB drive
(external).

Decades ago, I obtained a utility called JET, which came with a storage
board; it was a copy program with a wonderful assortment of switches, that
so far I have not found equaled on any copy utility since.

Because of the limited size of my current SSD, and my OCD-indicative habit
of storing documents, I need to flush My Documents to the mirror on the 1TB
external drive, but with some provisos:

1. Copy everything in My Documents (folders and files) from the SSD to the
external drive, that do not already exist on the target drive.
2. Delete everything in My Documents older than today.
3. Rinse and Repeat once a day at some specified time.

I've been exploring Everything, but I'm new to it, and so far have not
discovered the way this can be accomplished.

Finally, it has become clear that a 250GB SSD is woefully inadequate in
terms of storage. I've been scouting the on-line vendors and it appears
that a 1TB SSD is not beyond my threshold of affordability, assuming that I
choose not to eat red meat for a month (😉), not in itself a bad thing, but
let's face it, even with great recipes for tofu, nothing compares with my
BBQ steak, for which I am locally famous.

I digress. Can Everything do this task that I desire, as enumerated above?

--
Arthur