[dba-Tech] Am I S.O.L.?

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Sat Apr 27 12:39:04 CDT 2019

When we bought our new house I bought a receiver because the house had
surround sound built in.  Works great!

Recently I tried to hook up my old record player (Pioneer PL12D) to the
receiver, but the sound is clear but faint.

I called Sony and was told that the player is analog, but all the audio
inputs to the receiver (STR-DH550) are digital. So It won't work.

Is that true?  Am I S.O.L. with this phonograph/receiver combo?

I got a lot of records boxed up in the garage that I'm interested in hearing
again.

TIA

Rocky