[dba-Tech] Am I S.O.L.?

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 17:14:47 CDT 2019

Not digital vs analog as much as a line level issue I suspect.  Phono
inputs on receivers USED TO include an internal PHONO PREAMP.  Newer
receivers don't include that anymore.  Many new turntables include a
phono preamp in the turntable and a switch to chose if you use that
one or not. But the good news is you can buy a separate phono preamp.
Lots oto choose from at many price points.  Audiophiles may say you
can get a better preamp that way anyway and so you are better off.