[dba-Tech] Mostly a request for developers

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 13:32:22 CDT 2019

Microsoft, LibreOffice and WPS Office all make the same assumption, that I
want to install everything included in the package, and similarly for the
UnInstall: it seems non-trivial to uninstall every component individually.
Maybe this capability already exists and I have yet to discover it.
Concrete example:
WPS Office provides superior comparability with MS-Word, compared to
LibreOffice Writer), but lacks any equivalent to Access, which LibreOffice
provides.
In the ideal world I would like to strip LibreOffice from my box, except I
want to keep Base, a really cool approximation to Access.
I guess I have enough disk space for both to sit side by side, but this
strikes me as inelegant.
Is there a "partial uninstall" available on either suite? I have no need
for either equivalent of PowerPoint, those days are long behind me. I don't
need their Excel equivalents either, since Google Sheets is available on
all my devices.
So, the request: I want the providers of such all-in-one solutions to
provide fragmented installations, so I can pick and choose which pieces I
want and un-check those of no interest.

--
Arthur