[dba-Tech] On coding alone

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Thu May 2 09:31:32 CDT 2019

There are two schools of thought here. One school is celebrated by Clive
Thompson's book Coders. which made me realise that that as far as nerds go,
I'm in the shallow end of the pool. I have some idiosyncrasies to be sure,
but over the past 40 or so years, I have come to realise that coding
together is better than coding alone; you can see a shortcut that my
initial code missed, a way to save milliseconds off the operation of
interest.
At the moment I'm coding an open-source project for Linux and Windows; it's
about Volunteer organisations. As is my wont, I'm using database design
tools to create it.
I don't like coding alone. I prefer to have constant criticism and
contributions. So if anyone wants to volunteer, I am most happy to welcome
you to the project.
Arthur