[dba-Tech] Server 2008 Enterprize crash

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun May 19 14:19:53 CDT 2019

Hi All:

It appears that my Enterprise Server 2008 is having some problems. After a decade away from "the business" and Microsoft in general, my skill sets at resolving the issues related to the server are not as clear as they use to be.

The server would not boot up in normal mode but it will boot up in safe mode with network functionality. There is no apparent hardware issues(?) and a boot message suggests a recent forced update from MS may be the problem... At this point it should be fairly easy for isolate and fix the problem(?). If any systems guy, here, more familiar, with the appropriate approach to resolve the situation, would be able to provide commentary, please do so.

What would be the best diagnostic applications or procedures to follow?

MTIA