[dba-Tech] Local storage, backups, SSD questions

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 20:13:34 CDT 2020

Buy a second 3TB drive and copy the entire contents of the one in use
to that.   Putting that new drive in a "Docking Station" will allow
for multiple backups. The docking stations can plug in via USB or
other connection methods depending on what the existing system can
use.  Spinning drives are very inexpensive now and are much more
trustworthy than SSD drives.  You don't need the highest performing
drive for backup purposes either.  Slower RPM and transfer rates would
work fine for a backup.  Nothing is completely without chance of
failure of course so having multiple generations of backup would be
desirable.

GK