[dba-Tech] pc can't stay connected

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 08:38:58 CDT 2020

Bills computer is a laptop?

It connects to the router/internet via WIFI?  Not hard wire?

The WIFI is likely built in to the laptop hardware?

========All true.

You COULD instead of using the built in WIFI circuitry on the laptop use a "dongle" similar to the firesticks you like to do WIFI and disable or just ignore the built in WIFI circuitry in the laptop.  Assuming it's defective or beginning to fail.

========Thank you -- that might work.

Since the problem seems to be time dependent, it seems like perhaps something else is perhaps overwhelming the signal during the hours that it's having trouble.  Does it work if it's physically closer to the router?

========It does seem odd, doesn't it? It seems like everything would get dropped then -- it would be more random instead of it consistently being him. Being closer to the router doesn't help.

Thanks!

Susan H.

GK