[dba-Tech] DVD drive in ancient computer

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 13:01:08 CST 2020

It's a sad day, but there comes a time when one must bite the bullet and
move on from the former main squeeze and accept the reality that the
younger boxes are smarter, smaller, faster and prettier. Reluctantly, with
remorse and regret, I have decided to retire the ancient HP Millenium to
the pasture (meaning my bedroom), and to replace her with another laptop.
That will make three laptops side by side on my desk. Fortunately the desk
is large and my chair has wheels, so it's easy to slide a meter hither or
yon to visit any of them.
The one I most frequently use is an 8GB HP running Linux Mint. The other
laptop runs Win10. The retired box ran Win7 but who cares?
Whenever possible, I buy refurbished, and have been scouting my favourite
local merchant. I can replace the old squeeze for about $100. So maybe it's
time to put the old girl out to pasture.