[dba-Tech] pc has visual problems

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 11:01:23 CDT 2020

My pc has vertical and horizontal lines this morning. Rebooting does change things a bit, but it doesn't get rid of them. I've switched my main monitor so I can still work, but I'm down a screen, which is inconvenient. I'll live. 😊

Instead of buying a new pc, I'm wondering if there might be an easy fix -- maybe hardware circuitry or something? I have no idea what the insides of a pc look like and I don't know if it's even possible to switch out a "card" the way you can in a tower. At first, I thought I'd just run disc repair, but the other monitors are fine, so I don't think that will work. If it were a disc read problem, wouldn't I see the same lines on another monitor?

So, my husband's pc shopping this morning, but I've told him not to buy anything yet.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. I haven't done any research yet -- I have too much word to do today to attend to it until later this afternoon.

Susan H