[dba-Tech] Detrude?

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Dec 6 01:39:17 CST 2021

Thanks all

I can find at least one reference using "demote":

https://nverselab.com/2021/03/25/creating-and-demoting-admin-accounts-on-macos-with-a-script/

I know about promoting and demoting Domain Servers.

Perhaps it would be better to skip "elevate" (which sounds a bit "physical" to me) and, instead, talk about promoting and demoting user accounts. I found one reference:

https://www.top-password.com/blog/how-to-promote-a-standard-user-account-to-administrator-without-logging-in-to-windows/

You wouldn't, I guess, not even temporarily, elevate an employee but rather promote him/her.

Am I right?

/gustav