[dba-Tech] Finding double spaces in a Word Doc

jon at tydda.plus.com jon at tydda.plus.com
Tue Feb 9 17:12:02 CST 2021

And to you!

Yes, I still lurk here, there's just not much traffic on this list.

I've been working from home since March - I'm lucky in that everyone (except the two receptionists) in my company can work from home without any problems, so we've all been working all the way through with no pay cuts. I had to rearrange my "office" a bit but I quite like not being interrupted by people all day! And I'm VERY glad that I moved from the 35mb FTTC broadband to the 350mb FTTP service last February. It's been an absolute god send.

I have watched SO Much TV... Star Trek (ALL of it). MASH, The Shield, Justified, Doctor Who (2005 onwards), Spooks, Death in Paradise, I can't remember what else. I'm about to start on The West Wing again... And somehow I've still managed to keep up with work and hit all my targets!

We've vaccinated about 15 million people so far in the UK, both my parents have had their first jab so that's something less to worry about. I know three people who've had COVID, one is a doctor whose clinic was closed down because of the virus, so they all volunteered to go and work at their local hospital... One lives in northern Italy and had it in August last year. One is in her 60s but otherwise healthy, but who has hardly left the house in months. So all different situations and circumstances, and they were all following the guidelines issued at the time. Especially the doctor!

The worst thing was not being able to see my family at Christmas. I haven't seen my niece for over a year now, and she's very shy and doesn't like doing video calls. I managed to visit my parents twice last year, but I've got all their Christmas presents still here waiting for when we're allowed to go out again.

It's not great, but it's nowhere near as bad as it could be. Just don't get me started on Brexit, as this is the wrong list!

Jon