[dba-Tech] Slow Dell

John Bartow jbartow at winhaven.net
Thu Nov 18 11:31:25 CST 2021

Edge became very popular in the IT would because its basically google chrome without all the google crap that turned into a bloated slow as molasses memory hog. If Edge is not running well make sure you clear out the cache and the extensions.

I run edge all day long with many tabs open to MSP Portals which are very intense web apps. I used to run those in Firefox but it just didn't work out. And then there's Google Chrome. Ate up most of my RAM running the same things I run in Edge now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Microsoft with eff it up somehow in the future (starting with now, lol) but for now it's a much better solution than anything else on Windows. You just have to keep on top of it.

John Bartow
WinHaven IT Consulting