[dba-Tech] Slow Dell

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Nov 19 01:33:20 CST 2021

Hi Susan

Given your troubles, your best option is to perform a clean reinstall of Windows.
You can spend hours and hours trying to locate and modify things, but it is waste of time.
A clean install establishes a firm starting point without all the crapware that Dell may have included in the factory setup.

Also, consider installing Windows 11. It is very fast - even my old ThinkStation E32 boots in a few seconds. You may not like the GUI design - I hate the rounded corners - but I have to face, that this is what clients in a few years will use.

It only takes a checkmark to move the Start screen to the left.

/gustav