[dba-Tech] WTF!

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin2 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 10:31:12 CDT 2021

My Google Drive, which, after some struggles with lack of implementation
instructions, I have been using for a couple of years. Every time I updated
a file it would get uploaded to the cloud. So my photos are all there,
client files, all the important stuff.

Yesterday they informed me that my Google Drive would be replaced with
something else - an app? Now, suddenly another 30GB has been consumed, I
can't open my drive without going to the browser and entering
drive.google.com, and I don't know where the stuff is, how it's working -
it's a total FUBAR.

Has anyone else been blindsided by this?

I think I'm going to have to go to some other way to store my stuff in the
cloud. Any recommendations?

And I need a whole drive backup like I used to have with Ghost, which
has only wired well and reliably for me for 20 years.  But the latest
version of Windows which came with my won't load it forcing me to buy some
other product. Aomie and EASUS seem to get good reviews. Any
recommendations there?

TIA

ROcky