[dba-Tech] Just lost a Word file

John Bartow jbartow at winhaven.net
Fri Apr 15 13:23:58 CDT 2022

If you have a Microsoft account and have OneDrive cloud sync and backup turned on you're covered for anything you save to your desktop or account folders. The backup probably wouldn't catch a file that was actively being created and worked on. But if it had been created yesterday and screwed up today, then it would have the backed up copy available. Just go to your Microsoft.com account - OneDrive - Backups. So yes, OneDrive is no longer just a cloud sync tool, it does backups too. Has for a few years now.

I still do full backups with a separate backup tool though. Trusting Microsoft or Google is like feeding a rabid dog and expecting it to love you in return.

John B