[dba-Tech] Money apps

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 16:37:37 CDT 2022

Don't feel bad Arthur. Here I am, a supposed expert in business software, but I can't figure out my smart phone. 😊 The first one I bought, was setup for me by my 13-year old granddaughter. 😉 You can imagine my embarrassment when I went to the maps app, plugged in an address and it started talking to me. I cried I, "It talks!" My granddaughter had a good laugh on me that night and even videoed me learning how to use it -- not my best moments.  Now, I'm good with it, but I still don't use it much.

I knew about Siri, because my friends were constantly asking her stupid questions so they could laugh at her answers -- but I didn't realize how interactive the danged thing really was.

As for cash apps -- they are mobile apps that let you quickly transfer or accept cash from other people. Think of writing a check, but electronically so that the transfer is almost instantaneous.

Most banks will let you take a picture of a check and deposit it immediately, through your phone. I've not had a real check handed to me in years, so I've not done this yet I just know that you can because while looking for something in one of my daughter's junk draws, I came across checks... about five older checks made out to my sil. I made a point to remind him that they were then and he explained the whole thing to me. 😊

The lady that cuts my hair uses square. It's a small attachment that hooks to her phone and she can run debit and credit cards through it. She gets her money and I get a receipt in my email!!!

That's the kind of stuff I'm talking about.

Susan H.

Hey Susan,
I don't even know what a Money App is, let alone used one. Do you mean, when I stick my card into a machine? I'm sorry but I have no clue what term Money App means. I guess I'm just another part of history.

On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 11:10 AM Susan Harkins <ssharkins at gmail.com> wrote:

> This isn’t really a technical question, but I’m wondering how many of
> you are using apps to transfer money? I’m a little leery of
> non-banking apps that do this, but I’m old. 😉
>

> Can we discuss this here?
>

> Susan H.

Arthur