[dba-Tech] new laptop

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 14:42:25 CDT 2022

I'm going to bite the bullet for now and extend the extended warranties for
two more years. The only thing I really would like is a faster unit and
that's just a want, not a necessity for me to get my work done. The Dells I
use are pretty fast as long as I'm not trying to do too many things at one
time.

Susan H.

Yes, and given the prices right now, I'll keep watching for a good sale. I
just was speechless at how much laptops have gone up in less than two years.

Susan H.

Do you have to have a laptop?

I can get you in touch with my refurb guy for quality refurbs at low prices
(with 3 year replacement warranty) if you could use a mini PC instead.

All the refurb laptops I resell are pretty expensive because they're quality
business models. I think the lowest priced model is $650.

John B

I went shopping (online) last night for a new laptop. Mine was having
trouble charging but is back to normal now with a new cable. But I still
went shopping. Prices are outrageous - the same model I have now, which is
nearly two years old, refurbished, is over $600. I bought it on sale for
under $400.

Tough to chew. I will wait a bit.

Susan H.