[dba-Tech] Boot to command line in Windows 7

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 11:16:38 CST 2022

I oversimplified the problem(s). First, how can I create a recovery disk or
USB? Second, how can I get to the BIOS to change the boot order? Third,
when the machine starts it tries to load Windows 7 and then almost
immediately runs chkdsk. Ctrl+Break doesn't stop this. Fourth, although the
DVD burner seems to work fine, I cannot boot from it.

This is taking more hours than the old box is worth, so perhaps i's time to
bury it and move on

On Wed, Feb 9, 2022 at 10:20 AM Gustav Brock via dba-Tech <
dba-tech at databaseadvisors.com> wrote:

> Hi Arthur
>
> Create a "recovery disk" - cd-rom or USB key - in Windows 7, then boot
> using that.
> When booted, go to Repair my computer, and select Command prompt.
>
> /gustav

Arthur