[dba-Tech] Sending notification from Outlook to my phone

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 17:02:46 CDT 2022

Hi everyone! Hope you're enjoying summer (or winter, depending on where you
are).

I want to send an email notification from Outlook to my phone when email
from a specific person arrives in Outlook. I can't get it to work. It seems
like a simple process. I'm a Version customer and I'm using the @vtech.com
domain with the number. I don't get an error on the Outlook side, but it
never arrives on my phone.

Some troubleshooting suggested I must have the Outlook app on my phone, but
that seems odd - why would I need Outlook? At any rate, I tried to install
it (Android) but I couldn't and received no reason why. Perhaps I don't have
enough memory to install it. That's not something I can quickly remedy.

I've been looking for little nuances, such as the email must be text format,
and so on but so far, I've not found anything that actually makes a
difference.

Full disclaimer: I do want to write about this, but I actually want to use
the feature myself - that's what made me think about writing about it.

Any thoughts? Thank you in advance!

Susan H.