[dba-Tech] MS Project alternatives

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 16:12:26 CST 2022

Thanks  Stuart. I did cover it before and probably will again. Can I quote
you?

Susan H.

GanttProject  does all I need for tracking tasks and resources.

https://www.ganttproject.biz/

<quote>
GanttProject is easy to use
Easy to start
Available for Windows, macOS and Linux. Downloads in seconds, installs
instantly and ready to build projects immediately with zero setup.
Easy to use
Simple, intuitive and uncluttered user interface will let you break down the
work, build a Gantt chart, assign resources and calculate project costs in
minutes.

Easy to export
GanttProject can export documents to Microsoft Project format and import
existing documents. If you need custom processing of the project data,
export to CSV or Excel is available. Reports and printable charts can be
produced with export to PDF and PNG.
</quote>

(It's been around since 2003, so you may have already included it in your
previous article, but it's still under development with regular updates.
Latest release is ver 3.2 (Feb 2022).

--
Stuart